The Fitness Academy take a look at the new Sole F80 treadmill in the Eric Fitness Facility.
Update for 2016-2017: I’m working on a new site layout and at the same time I’m also going back and improving my most popular posts on this blog. My F80 review from August 2015 continuous to be one of my top 3 most popular posts all time. That’s why I will publish a much more in-depth review and report of this best selling treadmill. Please send me your thoughts on what should go into this new and improved assessment of the Sole Fitness F80.
The folding treadmill frame design for the Sole F80 came up as a result of hotel demand for treadmills that are mobile like the room service carts but also strong and stable. It’s the little sister to our slightly older running machine, the Sole F85 treadmill. Therefore, whether you intend to purchase it to use in your home or in a hotel room, you will have an opportunity to enjoy both worlds. With the equipment, you will run up to 6 preset programs, 2 personalized workouts schedules and 2 heart rate programs. The equipment has other additional features which include large stop switch, low profile running hood and starts at a speed as low as 0.5 MPH. some additional features include speed and incline controls on arm rests and cooling fans.
Its console features a vibrant user friendly display. It displays a wider range of information at all times which include the time, the distance you have traveled, the incline, speed, calories you have burned, pace and the pulse rate. It also consists of a ¼ mile track feature and valley and peak graph for various programs. The console also comes with some speakers that allow you to connect your mp3 player or ipod to easily listen to your favorite music while still working out. N.B. The Sole F80 is NOT a treadmill desk.
The Sole F80 Treadmill Product Description
SOLE engineering team focuses on basic design and the product’s durability for all their product, including the Sole F80 Treadmill. The product features pinion system and gear rack with safety lock deck design which locks the deck in place when the treadmill is in upright position. The product also comes with easy assist folding deck design a unique feature that allows you to release the deck. After releasing the deck, you don’t have to do anything else. The deck unfolds itself easily while you watch.
The treadmill also features convenient controls. Because most users desire to have freedom of increasing speed and inclining faster, the display has quick speed and incline buttons along the Sole F80 treadmill LCD sides which makes it convenient, easier to control and you can also easily maintain your workout (for more Sole F80 pictures click here).
It has a cushion flex whisper deck which is a differentiated design to any form of treadmill currently in the market. The deck provides users with comfortable and quiet workout and also reduces the impact up to 40%. This reversible deck is similar to that used in the commercial grade models. It is wax lubricated meaning that there is no overwork on the motor while in use.
The treadmill has a precision welded frame which ensures its durability.
The frame is able to handle multiple users of different heights and weights. The manufacturer includes the LCD console display with an aim to make your workouts easier and also more effective. It is a vibrant blue screen with clean readouts which offers you helpful data including the speed, the heart rate, pace, the calories you have burned and some other important information.
The model also features a message board or an alphanumeric text center that continuously send scrolling information to the user aiming to guide them through every workouts detail. To set up the user profile workout, you only need to push the user profile button and the message board will guide you through the other steps.
The treadmill also features high torque motors that have flywheels. The flywheel causes the treadmill to run cooler with minimal amp draw and also extends the life of the motor. The Sole F80 treadmill flywheel also offers you a starting speed of 0.5MPH. In addition, the treadmill is also heavier therefore offering you a fluid motion.
The Academy Lists the Product Features
- It has a Powerful and quiet 3.5 continuous horsepower motor
- This equipment has a Low profile running hood which prevent your feet from hitting the belt’s front edge
- The treadmill is known for its precision welded frame specifically made for a long lasting machine
- It has a double woven 2 ply belt which feature a 1” cushion flex whisper deck which provides the user with comfortable and quiet workouts while minimizing the impact to 40% as compared to exercising on asphalt.
- The f80 treadmill has 10 core preset workouts- 6 standard, 2 heart rate and 2 user defined
- The sole f80 also has a valley/peak graph and ¼ mile track feature to allow different workouts
- It has a larger 7.5 inches LCD monitor which allows easier review of the workout information including speed, time, incline, distance you have traveled, the calories burned, the pace and the pulse rate.
- This treadmill has faster adjustment controls situated on the arm rests to allow better control of the workout intensity
- In addition, it has an integrated message board which guides your through the workouts
- It has hand pulse grips and wireless chest strap that monitor your heart rate during the entire workout schedule
- The f80 treadmill has a large start and stop switches, and emergency safety switch. It also offers a lower profile running hood.
- It has a Built in speaker system featuring a 2 way cable mp3 or ipod player connection
- Its folding deck design and the transport wheels facilitate easier movement and simple deck release for storage to keep it out of the way when not in use.
- It has a patented safety lock design that allows you to securely lock deck in place.
- he manufacturers warranty includes lifetime deck, motor and the frame, 5 years wear items and electronics and 2 years labor.
- It’s Model: F80-2013
- The Maximum user capacity: 375 pounds
- The Display: 7.5 LCD with blue backlit
- The Motor: 3.5 CHP
- Speed levels: 0.5-12 MPH
- Rollers: 2.75 rollers which feature copper ground wires and sealed bearing to reduce static
The Sole F80 Treadmill Pros and Cons
- Strong and quiet 3.5 CHP motor
- A spacious running surface
- It is music friendly
- It has a custom flex shock absorption whisper deck
- It has a lifetime warranty on the frame, motor and deck
- Easy assist folding system that facilitate easier storage
- This treadmill is a great alternative to track running
Cons That We Have Notice
- It is foldable although it is not very portable due to its weight-265 pounds
- It has a low number of preset workouts programs
Eric Fitness Facility Sole Treadmills Verdict
Sole treadmills and the Sole F80 is among the most bought treadmills in the market today, and this mostly when you consider its price, features and quality.
For $1.499, you will get a standard treadmill offering spacious running space, a durable frame and which feature custom shock absorption on its deck. Acquiring this equipment will ensure you get reasonable value for your money. It has the latest features that you need for your training and its also durable. There are many places where you can buy new, and used, Sole treadmills to a reasonable price, here is a write-up of different alternatives where you can buy your own Sole F80.